VP, Agile Project Management
We are looking for a motivated, high-energy VP of Agile Project Management to contribute to our fast-growing company by helping us build and deliver on industry-leading products and capabilities. The individual we are looking for will have the opportunity to:
- Create and evolve industry-leading products that position Payrailz as a best-in-class provider of payment services
- Be key in creating and managing the product roadmap and development plan for the company.
- Be the primary liaison between the business and technical teams.
- Work with a team of talented and committed
- Be a key team member and add direct value to a growing
- Advance financially and professionally as results are delivered
This position reports directly to the CEO of Payrailz.
A DAY IN THE LIFE:
A snapshot of this person’s daily life would include all the following responsibilities and activities:
- Refine the Agile methodology and put in a reliable and repeatable development process.
- Lead a team of technical delivery managers to deliver on company product development priorities.
- Leads the project initiatives through the agile development cycle, including design, development, testing, documentation, release, and
- Work with Business and Technical teams to prioritize project backlog, product roadmap, and company priorities to develop an overall development plan.
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously, including project scopes, requirements, scheduling, resources, costs, and quality, and understand the interdependencies across the projects.
- Work closely with Business teams to establish priorities and manage project scope and expectations.
- Works with business teams to develop epics, features, product vision, and market needs to create user stories and clear workable project requirements.
- Supports the technical teams in planning, estimating, and allocating resources appropriately.
- Create project dashboards to provide visibility of status to all stakeholders.
- Lead teams in analyzing business needs and technology choices (process, tools, )
- Develop, maintain, and manage relationships with stakeholders, keeping them informed and engaged throughout the project
- Acts as liaison between the development team and subject matter experts to clarify user stories and requirements.
- Maintains knowledge of the payment platform, payment processing, and development technologies to support technical
IDEAL CANDIDATE CHARACTERISTICS:
We believe the person who will be successful in this important role will have the following attributes:
- Thrives in a start-up company culture.
- Has a strong work ethic and successful experience working with remote staff.
- Has effective communication and reasoning skills, including the ability to gain consensus across functional areas and stakeholders.
- Has a sense of intellectual curiosity and an addiction to learning.
- Is self-driven, actively looks for ways to contribute, and knows how to get things done.
- Understands and models core values of Respect, Integrity, and Transparency.
- Respects and values others’ opinions even when they differ from their own.
- AND has a great sense of humor. We like to see people enjoying what they do!
Given Payrailz’ exciting growth plans, experience with agile development in the financial services industry is critical to this position. In addition, the ideal candidate will have:
- 10+ years proven effective experience in managing agile project teams
- Prior experience in payments (e.g., Bill Pay, Credit /Debit Card, ACH, P2P…) and/or experience in the financial services industry
- Working knowledge of an APl-centric architecture and the latest in modern UI technologies and design.
- Possess strong verbal and written communication skills with an ability to state things simply and persuasively for a variety of audiences – internal, external, business, and technical.
- Possess strong analytical skills with excellent critical thinking, problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent facilitator, communicator, and collaborator across functional teams to manage competing priorities.
- Technical fluency; understanding and ability to discuss architectural concepts, ERD’s, prioritization tradeoffs, and new opportunities with technical team members.
- Ability to advocate at multiple levels including agile team members, stakeholders, and management.
- Experience with the following: Atlassian Suite (Jira, Confluence, HipChat), Restlet API, LucidChart, SmartSheet, lnvision, SQL, and video conferencing tools, Slack
Ideally, the candidate should have a bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university, or equivalent experience representing 10+ years of Agile project management in the financial technology industry.
The position will be located at the company’s headquarters in Glastonbury, CT or can be remote for the right candidate.
Payrailz is an innovative company with great people and a reputation for being genuine. Built around three core values of respect, integrity, and transparency we provide a rewarding working environment where our people feel valued, respected, and part of something big. For thought-leading Financial Institutions looking to stand out from the competition, Payrailz provides the most innovative, engaging, and feature-rich digital payment experiences in the marketplace today.
Backed by superior service and based on a clear understanding of the business of banking and payments, Payrailz empowers FI’s to truly compete and provide end-users with a secure payment experience they will rely on and use over other competitor offerings.
Through innovation, agility, and a willingness to approach the business of payments with new thinking, we provide the ability to deliver a full range of “smart” payment solutions that improve the overall end-user payments experience while fully taking advantage of modern technologies (such as the cloud, AI, API, Open data exchange and workflow management) to delight both consumers and businesses.
Built for the cloud, Payrailz enables financial institutions to engage loyal customers as well as attract the next generation with simplified and smarter payment capabilities that improve operations and enhance the overall customer experience. By working with Payrailz, FIs can exceed ever-changing demands with the confidence to succeed today and tomorrow.
Payrailz’ atmosphere of innovative thinking, superior technology, and its dedication to its employees make Payrailz an ideal organization for a person looking to make a difference.
At Payrailz we are re-imaging the digital payments experience so when you join the Payrailz family you join a team of dedicated, innovative, and passionate people working together to change the norm.
Recognized as a Best Place to Work in FinTech, Payrailz is an organization with a great culture, where our employees are valued, and can really make a difference.
Please visit our contact page to find the information to submit your resume and cover letter.