We are looking for a motivated, high energy UI/UX Designer to contribute to our payment product team. The individual we are looking for will have the opportunity to:
- Play a key role in delivering leading-edge products to our clients
- Work with a team of talented and committed professionals.
- Ability to have an immediate impact on the growth of the company.
- Be a key team member and add direct value to a growing organization.
- Advance financially and professionally as results are delivered.
This position reports directly to the VP of Payment Product Management of Payrailz.
A DAY IN THE LIFE:
This person’s daily life would include all the following responsibilities and activities:
- Design for both production payment applications for online and mobile banking as well as marketing websites.
- Gather and evaluate user requirements, in collaboration with product managers and developers
- Illustrate design ideas through storyboards, process flows and sitemaps
- Design graphic user interface elements
- Build page navigation
- Develop UI mockups and prototypes that clearly illustrate how the product functions and looks
- Create original graphic designs (images, sketches, and tables)
- Understand retail industry standards to provide an intuitive experience for the end-user
- Prepare and present rough drafts to internal teams and key stakeholders
- Identify and troubleshoot UX problems
- Conduct layout adjustments based on user and client feedback
- Works closely and collaboratively with the project and development teams through the project lifecycle to implement new products on the PayRailz platform.
- Participates in regular team meetings and supports the development team’s ongoing questions, concerns, and feedback.
IDEAL CANDIDATE CHARACTERISTICS:
We believe the person who will be successful in this important role will have the following attributes:
- Thrives in a start-up company culture.
- Understands the scope of complexities within a project including technical requirements.
- Has a strong work ethic and prior successful experience in a remote working environment.
- Has a sense of intellectual curiosity and an addiction to learning.
- Is self-driven, actively looks for ways to contribute, and knows how to get things done.
- Understands and models customer-focus.
- Values data and truth over ego.
- Has good communication and reasoning skills, including the ability to make a strong case for technology choices.
- Respects and values others’ opinions even when they differ from their own.
- AND has a great sense of humor. We like to see people enjoying what they do!
Given Payrailz’s exciting growth plans, financial technology industry knowledge is critical to this position. In addition, the ideal candidate must have:
- 4+ years of proven effective experience as a UI/UX designer.
- Portfolio of design projects
- Knowledge of wireframe tools
- Up to date knowledge of design standards for both desktop and mobile
- Possess strong verbal and written communication skills with an ability to state things simply and persuasively for a variety of audiences – internal, external, business, and technical.
- Experience working in a rapid prototyping environment.
- Familiarity with project management tools, such as Jira, Zoho, and Confluence
- Possess strong analytical skills with excellent critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Prior payments experience with a detailed understanding of one or more of the following: banking bill pay, business bill pay, P2P payments, credit/debit card payments, ACH, and/or RPPS; not required but is a plus.
Ideally, the candidate should have a bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university, or equivalent experience representing 4+ years of UI/UX design.
The candidate will be located out of the company’s headquarters in Glastonbury, CT
Payrailz is an innovative company with great people and a reputation for being genuine. Built around three core values of respect, integrity, and transparency we provide a rewarding working environment where our people feel valued, respected, and part of something big. For thought-leading Financial Institutions looking to stand out from the competition, Payrailz provides the most innovative, engaging, and feature-rich digital payment experiences in the marketplace today.
Backed by superior service and based on a clear understanding of the business of banking and payments, Payrailz empowers FI’s to truly compete and provide end-users with a secure payment experience they will rely on and use over other competitor offerings.
Through innovation, agility and a willingness to approach the business of payments with new thinking, we provide the ability to deliver a full range of “smart” payment solutions that improve the overall end-user payments experience while fully taking advantage of modern technologies (such as the cloud, AI, API, Open data exchange and work-flow management) to delight both consumers and businesses.
Built for the cloud, Payrailz enables financial institutions to engage loyal customers as well as attract the next generation with simplified and smarter payment capabilities that improve operations and enhance the overall customer experience. By working with Payrailz, FIs can exceed ever-changing demands with the confidence to succeed today and tomorrow.
Please visit our contact page to find the information to submit your resume and cover letter.