TECHNICAL SALES CONSULTANT
Payrailz is recruiting a Technical Sales Consultant to enable Payrailz prospects to be successful in utilizing payments and payments process improvements to achieve their business goals.
Responsible for supporting the sales and marketing engine at Payrailz, including performing both remote and on-site demonstrations for prospective Payrailz partners and customers, responding to prospect and customer questions, and providing consultative services on the best use of Payrailz products. This position will be a key role and relied upon as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) around payment operations and technology.
Engaged in providing prospect and customer feedback to the Product Management team to drive needed future oriented product features and capabilities. This position reports directly to the Chief Sales Officer of Payrailz.
This is a hands-on position that requires a range of technical, delivery and, ideally, financial services and payment solution knowledge. Work closely with team to demonstrate the benefits of the Payrailz solution and answer technical questions
Travel up to approximately 60%.
- Develop an intimate understanding of the Payrailz solution, products and services and how they create measurable value (better payment experience, improved customer retention, attract new business, etc.)
- Facilitate discovery meetings with key prospective clients and document client needs
- Create and deliver product demonstrations to prospective clients
- Provide technical guidance during the sales process (including, but not limited to: Product configuration, APIs and integration with third party systems, solution migration, etc.)
- Present proposals and hold prospective client meetings with Sales, Business Development and Client Experience, with a focus on technical functionality of Payrailz
- Complete RFPs/RFIs for prospective clients
- Participate in sales meetings
- Determine prospective client technology requirement trends to help in planning and building best practice sales proposals
- Utilize practical knowledge gained in prospective client discussions to help steer and guide the product evolution and roadmap
- Responsible for knowledge-sharing and technical training of sales team to enhance sales team expertise
- Participate in training, networking and other sessions for clients and internal/external stakeholders
- Create and deliver product presentations to public webinar and in-person event audiences
- Assist in build of sales tools and proposal templates
- Cultivate relationships and collaboration with our 3rd party integration partners to successfully deliver on the client’s “ecosystem” solution
- Help to build and contribute to our unique, team driven culture
- Minimum of 5+ years of experience in payment technology and/or technology sales inclusive of SaaS, cloud-based products.
- Must have strong technical, customer facing and presentation skills
- Must be able to quickly build credibility amongst team members, and prospective clients
- Ability to understand “middleman” role between delivery and sales (with focus on closing business regarding messaging, approach, differentiators)
- Deep knowledge of Cloud Computing and Payments either through work within the industry or consulting to the industry
- Experience with Pre-sales & executive presentation experience
- Strong understanding of banking, payments and technology products
- Ability to blend and understand the business side of Banking in combination with SAP
- Strong scoping & estimation skills
- Proficiency with Salesforce.com
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field such a Business, Marketing, or Computer Science/Engineering is preferred.
Ideally, the candidate will be located out of the company’s headquarters in Glastonbury, CT however this position could be performed in a remote environment for the right candidate.
Payrailz is an innovative company with great people and a reputation for being genuine. Built around three core values of respect, integrity and transparency we provide a rewarding working environment where our people feel valued, respected and part of something big. For progressive Financial Institution leaders looking to stand out from the competition, Payrailz provides the most innovative, engaging and rich payment experiences in the marketplace today.
Backed by superior service and based on a clear understanding of the business of banking and payments, Payrailz empowers FI’s to truly compete and provide end users with a secure payment experience they will rely on and use over other competitor offerings.
Through innovation, agility and a willingness to approach the business of payments with new thinking, we provide the ability to deliver a full range of “smart” payment solutions that improve the overall end user payments experience while fully taking advantage of modern technologies (such as the cloud, AI, API, Open data exchange and work flow management) to delight both consumers and businesses.
Built for the cloud, Payrailz enables financial institutions to engage loyal customers as well as attract the next generation with simplified and smarter payment capabilities that improve operations and enhance the overall customer experience. By working with Payrailz, FIs can exceed ever changing demands with the confidence to succeed today and tomorrow.
Please visit our contact page to find the information to submit your resume and cover letter.