Senior, Technical Project Manager
We are looking for a self-motivated Senior Technical Project Manager to support multiple projects with shifting priorities in a rapid development environment. The right candidate for this position must know technology beyond the job toolsets as well as understand the development terminology/communications with minimal translation. This candidate will be a part of a team that continues to enhance the current agile framework to support the organization’s strategic initiatives with successful project delivery. The qualified individual will have the opportunity to:
- Leverage their software development lifecycle experience and execute a project plan to completion
- Leverage their experience with agile methodologies to enhance the existing agile framework
- Work closely with internal and external teams to understand the business problem and be an active participant in the solution
- Serve as a main point of contact during the project lifecycle for team members
- Establish and maintain a trusting relationship with vendor/partners and their teams based on integrity and transparency
- Analyze discussions/documentation with clients/vendors to gather requirements; working with business and technical teams
- Continually improve processes based on prior experience and lessons learned
- Become a Payrailz platform subject matter expert, help with packaging development deliverable hand-offs to the different internal teams
- Provide hands-on troubleshooting support when needed
This position reports directly to the VP, Agile Project Management of Payrailz.
A DAY IN THE LIFE:
A snapshot of this person’s daily life would include all the following responsibilities and activities:
- A snapshot of this person’s daily life would include all the following responsibilities and activities:
- Creates and manages project scope, project plans, and status updates to provide visibility of status to all team members
- Collects, researches, and/or triages issues and/or questions collected from project teams to resolution
- Maintains knowledge of core API platform, complete payment processing solution, and development technologies to support project solutions
- Clearly and effectively communicates with team members to keep the project moving forward
- Make sure internal Payrailz teams are providing the appropriate status updates and communicating blockers in a timely manner to mitigate delay/risk
- Identify and communicate process enhancements that can improve the development/qa, reduce timelines or enhance the existing platform
- Support other departments as needed such as Client Experience, Information Technology, Operations, Product, and Sales
IDEAL CANDIDATE CHARACTERISTICS:
We believe the person who will be successful in this important role will have the following attributes:
- Leverage technical expertise to create and manage project plans
- Work with teams to identify, manage, and escalate risks, provide human leadership, direction, and ensure the team has what they need to deliver
- Is self-driven, actively looks for ways to contribute, and knows how to get things done
- Has a strong work ethic and prior successful experience working with a remote team
- Strong organizational and planning skills with the ability to be able to provide support at the detailed level
- Possess strong analytical skills with excellent, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to analyze, assess, design, and adjust process flows for all project phases
- Ability to accurately and fairly balance communications and expectations internally, external clients, and vendor partner
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with an ability to state things simply and persuasively for a variety of audiences – internal, clients, business and technical
- Technical fluency; understanding and able to discuss architectural concepts, prioritizations tradeoffs, and new opportunities with clients & technical team members
- Thrives in a fast-paced start-up company culture
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
Given Payrailz’s exciting growth plans, financial technology industry knowledge is critical to this position we are looking for an individual with:
- Minimum 5-7 years of technical project management experience
- Strong background in agile project management/methodology
- Prior payments experience with a detailed understanding of one or more of the following: banking bill pay, business bill pay, P2P payments, credit/debit card payments, ACH, and/or RPPS
- Prior experience with API development projects and general DB knowledge
- Possess strong verbal and written communication skills with an ability to state things simply and persuasively for a variety of audiences – internal, external, business, and technical
- Extensive experience with Jira & Confluence
- Extensive experience with Smartsheets and/or Zoho Projects
- Excellent facilitator, communicator, and collaborator across functional teams
- Experience working in a rapid prototyping environment
Ideally, the candidate should have a bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university or equivalent experience. Experience in financial services is a plus.
This position is a full-time remote opportunity with a preferred location in Northern Virginia for periodic team meetings. Regular video conferencing will be required.
Payrailz is an innovative company with great people and a reputation for being genuine. Built around three core values of respect, integrity, and transparency we provide a rewarding working environment where our people feel valued, respected, and part of something big. For thought-leading Financial Institutions looking to stand out from the competition, Payrailz provides the most innovative, engaging, and feature-rich digital payment experiences in the marketplace today.
Backed by superior service and based on a clear understanding of the business of banking and payments, Payrailz empowers FI’s to truly compete and provide end-users with a secure payment experience they will rely on and use over other competitor offerings.
Through innovation, agility, and a willingness to approach the business of payments with new thinking, we provide the ability to deliver a full range of “smart” payment solutions that improve the overall end-user payments experience while fully taking advantage of modern technologies (such as the cloud, AI, API, Open data exchange and work-flow management) to delight both consumers and businesses.
Built for the cloud, Payrailz enables financial institutions to engage loyal customers as well as attract the next generation with simplified and smarter payment capabilities that improve operations and enhance the overall customer experience. By working with Payrailz, FIs can exceed ever-changing demands with the confidence to succeed today and tomorrow.
Please visit our contact page to find the information to submit your resume and cover letter.