Senior Quality Assurance Engineer
We are looking for a motivated, detail-oriented, customer-focused Senior Quality Assurance Engineer to join our team of experienced QEs. The individual we are looking for will have the opportunity to:
- Advocate for quality delivery throughout all phases of the application development life cycle.
- Collaborate with a diverse set of co-workers and managers to meet the needs of our customers and deliver the best customer experience we can.
- Devise and execute testing strategies, approaches, and plans independently or with others to assure quality and mitigate risk exposure.
- Enhance, maintain, and execute automated tests utilizing jenkins, rspec, ruby, selenium, browserstack, and SQL.
- Continuously improve our approaches, processes, and tools.
- Be creative and ingenious in all areas of work whether it be during planning, designing, configuring, testing, or troubleshooting.
This position reports directly to the QA Manager at Payrailz.
A DAY IN THE LIFE:
This person’s daily life would include all the following responsibilities and activities:
- Works with QEs, developers, DevOps engineers, and product managers to deliver business requirements
- Attends daily standup, weekly grooming, and planning meetings
- Completes testing of assigned projects/tickets
- Plans testing activities for a range of product features
- Develops regression test automation
- Troubleshoots testing and development issues
- Participates in bi-weekly production release regression testing
- Suggests improvements to product features and functionality
- Supports implementation and support teams with product questions and troubleshooting as needed
- Contributes to the improvement of testing frameworks, infrastructure, and processes
- Documents testing and troubleshooting information on Confluence
IDEAL CANDIDATE CHARACTERISTICS:
We believe the person who will be successful in this important role will have the following attributes:
- Is comfortable with a startup/small company culture as a strong work ethic and prior successful experience in a full-time remote working environment
- Has a sense of intellectual curiosity and an addiction to learning
- Is self-driven, actively looks for ways to contribute, and knows how to get things done
- Is deliriously customer-focused
- Values data and truth over ego
- Has a strong sense of engineering craftsmanship and takes pride in the code that they write
- Believes that good software development principles include good testing, documentation, and collaboration
- Has good communication and reasoning skills, including the ability to make a strong case for technology choices
- Respects and values others’ opinions even when they differ from their own.
- AND has a great sense of humor. We like to see people enjoying what they do!
The ideal candidate:
- Will be able to jump right into software testing activities with little or no direction, with or without clearly defined requirements
- Should have a mindset towards continuously improving in order to aid in producing and delivering the highest quality products and implementations while still balancing business needs
- Should be technically proficient in order to understand the products being tested or implemented, write tests within an automated test framework, design complex test scenarios, and troubleshoot in a Unix/SQL
- Will have opportunities to positively affect all parts of our system and perform all aspects of testing including performance, automated, end-to-end, security, and manual testing
Given Payrailz’s exciting growth plans, financial technology industry knowledge is critical to this position. In addition, the ideal candidate must have:
- At least 5 years of experience in functional end-to-end testing, system testing, batch processing, user acceptance testing, regression, and test automation
- At least 2 years of experience with Agile methodologies and continuous integration processes
- At least 2 years of experience with automation using Selenium, Rspec, or similar tools
- Prior testing experience with one or more of the following: B2B2C, SAAS, banking bill pay, business bill pay, P2P payments, credit/debit cards payment, ACH, and RPPS
- Knowledge in online banking application and electronic bill presentment is a plus
Ideally, the candidate should have a bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university, or equivalent experience representing 5 years of quality assurance experience ideally in the financial technology industry.
This candidate will be a remote employee.
Payrailz is an innovative company with great people and a reputation for being genuine. Built around three core values of respect, integrity, and transparency we provide a rewarding working environment where our people feel valued, respected, and part of something big. For thought-leading Financial Institutions looking to stand out from the competition, Payrailz provides the most innovative, engaging, and feature-rich digital payment experiences in the marketplace today.
Backed by superior service and based on a clear understanding of the business of banking and payments, Payrailz empowers FI’s to truly compete and provide end-users with a secure payment experience they will rely on and use over other competitor offerings.
Through innovation, agility, and a willingness to approach the business of payments with new thinking, we provide the ability to deliver a full range of “smart” payment solutions that improve the overall end-user payments experience while fully taking advantage of modern technologies (such as the cloud, AI, API, Open data exchange and work-flow management) to delight both consumers and businesses.
Built for the cloud, Payrailz enables financial institutions to engage loyal customers as well as attract the next generation with simplified and smarter payment capabilities that improve operations and enhance the overall customer experience. By working with Payrailz, FIs can exceed ever-changing demands with the confidence to succeed today and tomorrow.
Please visit our contact page to find the information to submit your resume and cover letter.