Senior Implementation Specialist
We are looking for a self-motivated Senior Implementation Specialist to support different functions that are critical in providing clients with the best experience during implementation. The right candidate for this position pays close attention to detail, thrives when supporting clients, users, and vendors, and is committed to delivering a superior client experience. The qualified individual will have the opportunity to:
- Work closely with all clients to understand their business operations and their current pain points
- Serve as a main point of contact during the implementation project lifecycle for clients
- Establish and maintain a trusting relationship with clients and their teams based on integrity and transparency
- Analyze discussions/documentation with clients to gather requirements; working with business and technical teams
- Continually improve processes based on prior experience and lessons learned
- Become a Payrailz platform subject matter expert, help with configurations, data conversions, and application enhancements
- Translate requirements into existing system configuration or identify enhancements if needed
- Provide hands-on troubleshooting support during implementation and post-implementation
This position reports directly to the Director of Implementation of Payrailz.
A DAY IN THE LIFE:
A snapshot of this person’s daily life would include all the following responsibilities and activities:
- Creates and manages project dashboards and project plans to provide visibility of implementation status to all stakeholders
- Collects, researches, and/or triages issues and/or questions collected from client teams to resolution
- Maintains knowledge of core API platform, complete payment processing solution, and development technologies to support client solutions
- Clearly and effectively communicates with Payrailz clients to keep the implementation project moving forward
- Make sure internal Payrailz teams are providing the appropriate response to any inquiries and communicating those responses back to the clients
- Identify and communicate implementation improvements that can improve the client experience, reduce timelines or enhance the existing platform
- Support other departments as needed such as Client Experience, Information Technology, Operations, Product, and Sales.
IDEAL CANDIDATE CHARACTERISTICS:
We believe the person who will be successful in this important role will have the following attributes:
- Is self-driven, actively looks for ways to contribute, and knows how to get things done
- Has a strong work ethic and prior successful experience working with a remote team
- Strong organizational and planning skills with the ability to be able to provide support at the detail level
- Possess strong analytical skills with excellent, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to analyze, assess, design, and adjust process flows for implementation phases
- Ability to accurately and fairly balance communications and expectations internally and to clients
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with an ability to state things simply and persuasively for a variety of audiences – internal, clients, business and technical
- Technical fluency; understanding and ability to discuss architectural concepts, prioritizations tradeoffs, and new opportunities with clients & technical team members
- Thrives in a fast-paced start-up company culture.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
Given Payrailz’s exciting growth plans, financial technology industry knowledge is critical to this position. In addition, the ideal candidate must have:
- 5-7 years of client management/implementation experience
- 3-5 years of technical project management experience
- Prior payments experience with a detailed understanding of one or more of the following: banking bill pay, business bill pay, P2P payments, credit/debit card payments, ACH, and/or RPPS.
- Prior experience working with ERDs and basic SQL skills
- Working knowledge of an API-centric architecture
- Possess strong verbal and written communication skills with an ability to state things simply and persuasively for a variety of audiences – internal, external, business, and technical.
- Possess strong analytical skills with excellent critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent facilitator, communicator, and collaborator across functional teams.
- Experience working in a rapid prototyping environment.
Ideally, the candidate should have a bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university or equivalent experience.
This position is a full-time remote opportunity with a preferred location in Northern Virginia for periodic team meetings. Regular video conferencing will be required.
Payrailz is an innovative company with great people and a reputation for being genuine. Built around three core values of respect, integrity, and transparency we provide a rewarding working environment where our people feel valued, respected, and part of something big. For thought-leading Financial Institutions looking to stand out from the competition, Payrailz provides the most innovative, engaging, and feature-rich digital payment experiences in the marketplace today.
Backed by superior service and based on a clear understanding of the business of banking and payments, Payrailz empowers FI’s to truly compete and provide end-users with a secure payment experience they will rely on and use over other competitor offerings.
Through innovation, agility, and a willingness to approach the business of payments with new thinking, we provide the ability to deliver a full range of “smart” payment solutions that improve the overall end-user payments experience while fully taking advantage of modern technologies (such as the cloud, AI, API, Open data exchange and work-flow management) to delight both consumers and businesses.
Built for the cloud, Payrailz enables financial institutions to engage loyal customers as well as attract the next generation with simplified and smarter payment capabilities that improve operations and enhance the overall customer experience. By working with Payrailz, FIs can exceed ever-changing demands with the confidence to succeed today and tomorrow.
At Payrailz we are re-imaging the digital payments experience so when you join the Payrailz family you join a team of dedicated, innovative, and passionate people working together to change the norm.
Recognized as a Best Place to Work in FinTech, Payrailz is an organization with a great culture, where our employees are valued, and can really make a difference.
Please visit our contact page to find the information to submit your resume and cover letter.