Senior AI Product Manager
We are looking for a self-motivated, high energy, Senior AI Product manager who can take a concept and develop a full business model including strategy, financial projections, go to market approach, product design with measurable deliverables and results. The right person will be able to work directly with the CEO, COO, and other product teams on developing a brand-new product set from the ground up. Key will be able to create a phased approach that allows us to get into the market quickly followed by continuous improvements that continue to differentiate Payrailz from any competition. The incumbent will be the internal owner as well as the external spokesperson to aggressively seek market adoption.
The individual will have the opportunity to
- Design and develop a new line of products with full P&L responsibility that is unique in the market.
- Be part of the senior management team that sets the direction for the overall company.
- Work with a team of experienced and dedicated professionals.
- Be part of, and a major contributor, to a fast-growing company that is already, is experiencing significant success
- Advance financially and professionally as results are delivered.
This position reports directly to the CEO of Payrailz.
A DAY IN THE LIFE:
This person’s daily life would include all the following responsibilities and activities:
- Defining the AI business opportunity and associated business plan.
- Creating the product(s) from a design, strategic positioning, and go to market approach.
- You will work closely with all areas in the company from product, finance, and marketing to Project management and development.
- Acts as the subject matter expert and be a resource for the sales and client support teams.
- Must be able to be a self-driven contributor as well as a good collaborator.
- Comfortable in a startup environment with the pace of change is a constant and the need to do more with less.
- Working to find compromise to balance the competing needs of clients and internal staff vs the long-term vision.
- Contribute to the family values of the company through word and action as a senior leader in the company.
- Create pilot programs with existing clients for launching new services and features.
- Create co-development opportunities with investors and clients.
- Leads the product roadmap initiatives through the agile development cycle, including design, development, testing, documentation, release, and training working with the Project Management Office, Client Services, Operations, and Marketing.
- Manage the P&L including revenue and related expenses for the new product set.
IDEAL CANDIDATE CHARACTERISTICS:
We believe the person who will be successful in this important role will have the following attributes:
- Thrives in a start-up company culture.
- Has a sense of intellectual curiosity and an addiction to learning.
- Is self-driven, actively looks for ways to contribute, and knows how to get things done.
- Understands and models customer-focus.
- Ability to work and collaborate as a member of a team and sacrifice personal goals for the benefit of the team.
- Has good communication and reasoning skills, including the ability to make a strong case for business choices.
- Respects and values others’ opinions even when they differ from their own.
- AND has a great sense of humor. We like to see people enjoying what they do!
Given Payrailz’s exciting growth plans, financial technology industry knowledge is critical to this position. In addition, the ideal candidate must have:
- 10+ years proven effective experience in the banking industry with experience in product management or development
- Experience in managing a line of business including business and strategic planning and P%L responsibility
- Prior payments experience with a detailed understanding of one or more of the following: P2P, C2B, B2B, and B2C payment use cases, card networks, RTP and ACH.
- Working knowledge of an API-centric architecture.
- Demonstrated experience in taking an idea and making it a reality through identifying required workflows and tasks.
- Possess strong verbal and written communication skills with an ability to state things simply and persuasively for a variety of audiences – internal, external, business, and technical.
- Possess strong analytical skills with excellent critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent facilitator, communicator, and collaborator across functional teams.
- Experience working in a rapid prototyping environment.
- Technical fluency; understanding and able to discuss architectural concepts, prioritization tradeoffs, and new opportunities with technical team members.
- Ability to advocate at multiple levels including agile team members, stakeholders, and management.
Ideally, the candidate should have a bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university, a master’s degree or equivalent experience representing 10 years of product/business line management in the financial technology industry.
The candidate will be located out of the company’s headquarters in Glastonbury, CT
Payrailz is an innovative company with great people and a reputation for being genuine. Built around three core values of respect, integrity, and transparency we provide a rewarding working environment where our people feel valued, respected and part of something big. For progressive Financial Institution leaders looking to stand out from the competition, Payrailz provides the most innovative, engaging and rich payment experiences in the marketplace today.
Backed by superior service and based on a clear understanding of the business of banking and payments, Payrailz empowers FI’s to truly compete and provide end-users with a secure payment experience they will rely on and use over other competitor offerings.
Through innovation, agility and a willingness to approach the business of payments with new thinking, we provide the ability to deliver a full range of “smart” payment solutions that improve the overall end-user payments experience while fully taking advantage of modern technologies (such as the cloud, AI, API, Open data exchange and work-flow management) to delight both consumers and businesses.
Built for the cloud, Payrailz enables financial institutions to engage loyal customers as well as attract the next generation with simplified and smarter payment capabilities that improve operations and enhance the overall customer experience. By working with Payrailz, FIs can exceed ever-changing demands with the confidence to succeed today and tomorrow.
Please visit our contact page to find the information to submit your resume and cover letter.