We are looking for a motivated, high energy Product Specialist to contribute to our payment products team. The individual we are looking for will have the opportunity to:
- Work closely between the business and technical teams to both enhance and grow our payments product.
- Assist in the execution of the product roadmap plan for the company.
- Train and demonstrate the Payrailz payment solutions to the Operations and Sales teams, and at times, present to industry channel and complementary partners and direct FI clients.
- Work with a team of talented and committed professionals.
- Be a key team member and add direct value to a growing organization.
- Advance financially and professionally as results are delivered.
This position reports directly to the VP of Payment Product Management of Payrailz.
A DAY IN THE LIFE:
This person’s daily life would include all of the following responsibilities and activities:
- Gathers requirements, designs workflows, and prepares documentation for product enhancements and new features.
- Conducts product evaluation for enhancements and works through product gap analysis for onboarding clients.
- Works closely and collaboratively with the project and development teams through the project lifecycle to implement new products on the PayRailz platform.
- Conducts user acceptance testing for new releases.
- Prepares materials and conducts training for our Operations and Sales teams to review upcoming product enhancements and roadmap features.
- Becomes a subject matter expert to be a resource for the sales and client support teams.
- Generates and maintains product sheets to clearly define what each product is, the key benefits, features, pricing, and other key information regarding the product.
- Participates in regular team meetings and supports the development team’s ongoing questions, concerns, and feedback to mitigate risks.
- Develops, maintains, and manages relationships with stakeholders, keeping them informed and engaged throughout the project lifecycle.
IDEAL CANDIDATE CHARACTERISTICS:
We believe the person who will be successful in this important role will have the following attributes:
- Thrives in a start-up company culture.
- Has a strong work ethic and prior successful experience in a remote working environment.
- Has a sense of intellectual curiosity and an addiction to learning.
- Is self-driven, actively looks for ways to contribute, and knows how to get things done.
- Understands and models customer-focus.
- Values data and truth over ego.
- Has good communication and reasoning skills, including the ability to make a strong case for technology choices.
- Respects and values others’ opinions even when they differ from their own.
- AND has a great sense of humor. We like to see people enjoying what they do!
Given Payrailz’s exciting growth plans, financial technology industry knowledge is critical to this position. In addition, the ideal candidate must have:
- 4+ years of proven effective experience as part of an agile team.
- Prior payments experience with a detailed understanding of one or more of the following: banking bill pay, business bill pay, P2P payments, credit/debit card payments, ACH, and/or RPPS.
- Possess strong verbal and written communication skills with an ability to state things simply and persuasively for a variety of audiences – internal, external, business, and technical.
- Possess strong analytical skills with excellent critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communicator and collaborator across functional teams.
- Experience working in a fast-moving environment.
Ideally, the candidate should have a bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university, or equivalent experience representing 5+ years of product knowledge in the financial technology industry.
This candidate will be located out of the company’s headquarters in Glastonbury, CT.
Payrailz is an innovative company with great people and a reputation for being genuine. Built around three core values of respect, integrity, and transparency we provide a rewarding working environment where our people feel valued, respected, and part of something big. For thought-leading Financial Institutions looking to stand out from the competition, Payrailz provides the most innovative, engaging, and feature-rich digital payment experiences in the marketplace today.
Backed by superior service and based on a clear understanding of the business of banking and payments, Payrailz empowers FI’s to truly compete and provide end-users with a secure payment experience they will rely on and use over other competitor offerings.
Through innovation, agility and a willingness to approach the business of payments with new thinking, we provide the ability to deliver a full range of “smart” payment solutions that improve the overall end-user payments experience while fully taking advantage of modern technologies (such as the cloud, AI, API, Open data exchange and workflow management) to delight both consumers and businesses.
Built for the cloud, Payrailz enables financial institutions to engage loyal customers as well as attract the next generation with simplified and smarter payment capabilities that improve operations and enhance the overall customer experience. By working with Payrailz, FIs can exceed ever-changing demands with the confidence to succeed today and tomorrow.
Please visit our contact page to find the information to submit your resume and cover letter.