Payment Support Specialist
We are looking for an experienced high energy biller management specialist to strengthen our payment operations department. The right candidate for this position will drive initiatives related to payment processing and biller management. This candidate will also be detailed oriented, hands-on, and comfortable interacting with clients and is committed to delivering a superior client experience.
The individual will have the opportunity to:
- Proactively leverage the Payrailz platform to enhance the end-user bill payment experience.
- Contribute in a “hands-on” manner to achieve operational excellence and exceed customer expectations.
- Make recommendations for systemic workflow improvements based on real-world situations requiring manual actions.
- Interact with billers and partners in support of payment operations.
- Work with a team of talented and committed professionals.
- Be a key team member and add direct value to our growing organization.
- Advance financially and professionally as results are delivered.
This position reports directly to the Director of Payment Operations at Payrailz.
A DAY IN THE LIFE:
A snapshot of this person’s daily life would include all the following responsibilities and activities:
- Manages the 3rd party system used for onboarding check billers and financial institutions to become an electronic biller on Payrailz’s Electronic Payment Network (i.e. Payment Consolidator)
- Manages the 3rd party loan/credit cards payment system used for onboarding financial institutions. (i.e. Credit Pay Pro) This includes the implementation process.
- Monitor electronic and checks payments for payment issues.
- Manage payees and resolve issues with biller account numbers and biller payment posting issues.
- Maintain biller directory payment routing information.
- Support payee and payment management for large client conversions.
- Support client conversion teams to increase electronic rates for clients in pre-production.
- Resolve payee and payment issues for biller consolidations
- Deal with all payment exceptions.
IDEAL CANDIDATE CHARACTERISTICS:
We believe the person who will be successful in this important role will have the following attributes:
- Thrives in a start-up company culture.
- Has a strong work ethic and successful experience working with remote staff.
- Has a sense of intellectual curiosity and an addiction to learning.
- Is self-driven, actively looks for ways to contribute, and knows how to get things done.
- Understands and models customer-focus.
- Values data and truth over ego.
- Has good communication and reasoning skills, including the ability to gain consensus across functional areas and stakeholders.
- Respects and values others’ opinions even when they differ from their own.
- AND has a great sense of humor. We like to see people enjoying what they do!
Given Payrailz’ exciting growth plans, experience in the financial services industry is critical to this position. In addition, the ideal candidate will have prior experience in the following areas:
- Minimum 5+ years of experience in Banking Operations, Payment Operations, and/or ACH
- ACH, Check, and Card processing
- Vendor relationship management (MC/RPPS)
- Project Management
- Customer support and relations
- Possess strong data analytic and reporting skills with excellent critical thinking, problem-solving skills, and attention to detail.
- Experience with the following: Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, & Powerpoint), Atlassian Suite (Jira, Confluence, Stride), video conferencing tools, and chat
Ideally, the candidate should have a bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university, or equivalent experience representing 5+ years of payment operations in the financial technology industry.
The position will be located at the company’s headquarters in Glastonbury, CT.
Payrailz is an innovative company with great people and a reputation for being genuine. Built around three core values of respect, integrity, and transparency we provide a rewarding working environment where our people feel valued, respected, and part of something big. For thought-leading Financial Institutions looking to stand out from the competition, Payrailz provides the most innovative, engaging, and feature-rich digital payment experiences in the marketplace today.
Backed by superior service and based on a clear understanding of the business of banking and payments, Payrailz empowers FI’s to truly compete and provide end-users with a secure payment experience they will rely on and use over other competitor offerings.
Through innovation, agility, and a willingness to approach the business of payments with new thinking, we provide the ability to deliver a full range of “smart” payment solutions that improve the overall end-user payments experience while fully taking advantage of modern technologies (such as the cloud, AI, API, Open data exchange and work-flow management) to delight both consumers and businesses.
Built for the cloud, Payrailz enables financial institutions to engage loyal customers as well as attract the next generation with simplified and smarter payment capabilities that improve operations and enhance the overall customer experience. By working with Payrailz, FIs can exceed ever-changing demands with the confidence to succeed today and tomorrow.
Please visit our contact page to find the information to submit your resume and cover letter.