Head of Payment Product Management and Product Marketing
We are looking for a motivated, high energy Head of Payment Products and Product Marketing to lead and manage Payrailz payment product set and product marketing efforts including product strategy, design, pricing, product promotion, and P&L. The right person will work with the CEO on new features and add on services for the existing products set as well as identify and develop new products or use case opportunities. The incumbent will manage a team of product managers that will be the “product experts” and be responsible for all things that relate to the products and act as a resource both internally and externally on questions related to the product set. The individual we are looking for will have the opportunity to:
- Develop and execute the product roadmap plan for the company based on the strategic direction.
- Actively promote and market products to prospects, clients, and partners.
- Work with a group of talented and committed professionals to achieve common goals.
- Be a key member of the executive team of a high-growth, highly successful organization.
- Advance financially and professionally as results are delivered.
This position reports directly to the CEO of Payrailz.
A DAY IN THE LIFE:
This person’s daily life would include all the following responsibilities and activities:
- The Head of Payment Product Management and Product Marketing will work with Project Managers and the IT team in the development of new features and products to ensure the project requirements will meet the objectives established in the business case.
- Acts as the subject matter expert for the product and be a resource for the sales and client support teams.
- The Head of Payment Product Management and Product Marketing will be responsible for signing off on projects and the effective rollout of the new capabilities internally and externally.
- The Incumbent will be responsible for generating and maintaining Product Data Sheets, campaigns, and other sales support materials for each product that clearly spell out the what the product is, the key benefits, features, pricing, and other key information regarding the product.
- Responsibility for establishing the standard pricing structure for each product along with any appropriate discounts that could apply such as bundling of products.
- Uses epics, features, product vision, and market needs to create user stories and requirements into clear and workable product requirements.
- Defines and applies acceptance criteria for features and user stories.
- Supports development team in prioritizing, planning, estimating, and allocating resources appropriately along with the Project Management Office.
- Prioritizes backlog to support product roadmap and according to business value.
- Works with the development team and subject matter experts to clarify user stories.
- Works with the development team and internal users or client-facing teams to track issues or troubleshoot and resolve problems.
- Works with the Chief of Staff to communicate branding and corporate strategic messaging in the marketplace.
- Leads the product roadmap initiatives through the agile development cycle, including design, development, testing, documentation, release, and training working with the Project Management Office, Client Services, Operations, and Product Marketing
IDEAL CANDIDATE CHARACTERISTICS:
We believe the person who will be successful in this important role will have the following attributes:
- Thrives in a start-up company culture.
- Has a sense of intellectual curiosity and an addiction to learning.
- Is self-driven, actively looks for ways to contribute, and knows how to get things done.
- Understands and models customer focus.
- Values data and truth over ego.
- Has good communication and reasoning skills, including the ability to make a strong case for product choices.
- Respects and values others’ opinions even when they differ from their own.
- AND has a great sense of humor. We like to see people enjoying what they do!
- 10+ years proven effective experience in the banking industry with experience in product management and an understanding of product marketing
- Prior payments experience with a detailed understanding of one or more of the following: P2P, C2B, B2B, and B2C payment use cases, card networks, RTP, and ACH.
- Working knowledge of an API-centric architecture.
- Possess strong verbal and written communication skills with an ability to state things simply and persuasively for a variety of audiences – internal, external, business, and technical.
- Possess strong analytical skills with excellent critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent facilitator, communicator, and collaborator across functional teams.
- Technical fluency; understanding and ability to discuss architectural concepts, prioritization tradeoffs, and new opportunities with technical team members.
- Ability to advocate at multiple levels including agile team members, stakeholders, and management.
Ideally, the candidate will have a Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university, a Master’s degree, or equivalent experience.
This position will be based out of our Glastonbury, CT headquarters.
Payrailz is an innovative company with great people and a reputation for being genuine. Built around three core values of respect, integrity, and transparency we provide a rewarding working environment where our people feel valued, respected, and part of something big. For thought-leading Financial Institutions looking to stand out from the competition, Payrailz provides the most innovative, engaging, and feature-rich digital payment experiences in the marketplace today.
Backed by superior service and based on a clear understanding of the business of banking and payments, Payrailz empowers FI’s to truly compete and provide end-users with a secure payment experience they will rely on and use over other competitor offerings.
Through innovation, agility, and a willingness to approach the business of payments with new thinking, we provide the ability to deliver a full range of “smart” payment solutions that improve the overall end-user payments experience while fully taking advantage of modern technologies (such as the cloud, AI, API, Open data exchange and workflow management) to delight both consumers and businesses.
Built for the cloud, Payrailz enables financial institutions to engage loyal customers as well as attract the next generation with simplified and smarter payment capabilities that improve operations and enhance the overall customer experience. By working with Payrailz, FIs can exceed ever-changing demands with the confidence to succeed today and tomorrow.
Payrailz’ atmosphere of innovative thinking, superior technology, and its dedication to its employees make Payrailz an ideal organization for a person looking to make a difference.
Please visit our contact page to find the information to submit your resume and cover letter.