We are looking for a motivated, detail-oriented, and customer-focused individual to join our team of experienced DevOps engineers. The candidate we are looking for will have the opportunity to:
- Work in a 100% public cloud environment.
- Collaborate with a diverse set of co-workers and managers to meet the needs of our customers and deliver the best customer experience we can.
- Enhance, maintain, and develop technologies using a large set of tools like Jenkins, Terraform, Python, MySQL, etc.
- Continuously improve our approaches, processes, and tools.
- Be creative and ingenious in all areas of work whether it be during planning, designing, configuring, testing, or troubleshooting.
This position reports directly to the Director of DevOps of Payrailz.
A DAY IN THE LIFE:
This person’s daily life would include all the following responsibilities and activities:
- Monitor and Support Production Processing.
- Maintain and Enhance AWS IT Infrastructure.
- Work with development, implementations, and professional services to deliver business requirements.
- Attend daily standup, internal hack-a-thons, and planning meetings.
- React to monitoring alerts in a 24/7 on-call rotation.
- Plan deployments to various testing and production environments.
- Find solutions to repetitive problems using automation tools like Ansible, Jenkins, etc.
- Document solutions and processes.
- Have a mindset to keep run costs low when designing new solutions.
- Assist security team with audit-related items.
IDEAL CANDIDATE CHARACTERISTICS:
We believe the person who will be successful in this important role will have the following attributes:
- Is comfortable with a startup/small company culture as a strong work ethic and prior successful experience in a full-time remote working environment.
- Familiar with financial audit and compliance requirements, including but not limited to F.F.I.E.C., PCI, SOC2
- Is self-driven, actively looks for ways to contribute, and knows how to get things done.
- Has a strong sense of operational excellence and takes pride in their workmanship.
- Has good communication and reasoning skills, including the ability to make a strong case for technology choices
- Respects and values others’ opinions even when they differ from their own.
- AND has a great sense of humor. We like to see people enjoying what they do!
- At least 5 years of experience in System Administration, Networking concepts, or Application Support.
- Prior experience working in DevOps/SRE type environments.
- At least 3 years of hands-on experience working in public cloud platforms like AWS, Azure, or GCP.
- Strong experience working with tools like Terraform, Jenkins, ELK, Ansible, etc.
- Working knowledge of scripting languages like Python, Go, or PowerShell.
- Experience in administering, performance tuning, and developing MySQL-based applications is a huge plus.
- Knowledge in online banking applications and electronic bill presentment is a plus.
- Passion for automating everything.
Ideally, the candidate should have a bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university, or equivalent experience representing 5 years of DevOps or SRE ideally in the financial industry.
This will be a remote position.
Payrailz is an innovative company with great people and a reputation for being genuine. Built around three core values of respect, integrity, and transparency we provide a rewarding working environment where our people feel valued, respected, and part of something big. For thought-leading Financial Institutions looking to stand out from the competition, Payrailz provides the most innovative, engaging, and feature-rich digital payment experiences in the marketplace today.
Backed by superior service and based on a clear understanding of the business of banking and payments, Payrailz empowers FI’s to truly compete and provide end-users with a secure payment experience they will rely on and use over other competitor offerings.
Through innovation, agility, and a willingness to approach the business of payments with new thinking, we provide the ability to deliver a full range of “smart” payment solutions that improve the overall end-user payments experience while fully taking advantage of modern technologies (such as the cloud, AI, API, Open data exchange and workflow management) to delight both consumers and businesses.
Built for the cloud, Payrailz enables financial institutions to engage loyal customers as well as attract the next generation with simplified and smarter payment capabilities that improve operations and enhance the overall customer experience. By working with Payrailz, FIs can exceed ever-changing demands with the confidence to succeed today and tomorrow.
Please visit our contact page to find the information to submit your resume and cover letter.