Would you like to use your data smarts to drive consumer-centric and innovative products in Digital Payments? Do you want to be part of the smarter payments vision that proactively serves actionable insights and delivers secure, best in class experience to banking users using AI/ML based data intelligence?
The successful candidate will apply data science techniques from machine learning to a combination of third party and Payrailz proprietary datasets with the goal of turning the data resources into informative, meaningful intelligence.
This position reports directly to the VP of AI Product Management of Payrailz.
A DAY IN THE LIFE:
This person’s daily life would include all the following responsibilities and activities:
- Translate business requirements into data science problems for a variety of use cases
- Feature engineer and pre-process raw data to produce high confidence data feed to the model
- Implement end-to-end ML pipeline and model training to deliver real-time predictions using machine learning capabilities
- Develop AI chatbots and deliver on the vision of proactive meaningful insights to financial institution users
- Drive model selection by comparing a variety of statistical and machine learning algorithms
- Collaborate with the Payrailz Data Services team to leverage data lake in assembling and synthesizing training datasets from a wide variety of data sources
- Prototype, refine, develop, deploy, and scale ML models for Payrailz AI products
- Set up model accuracy and performance monitoring
- Responsible for model maintenance & retraining processes
IDEAL CANDIDATE CHARACTERISTICS:
We believe the person who will be successful in this important role will have the following attributes:
- Thrives in a start-up company culture
- Understands the scope of complexities within a project including technical requirements
- Has a strong work ethic and prior successful experience in a remote working environment
- Has a sense of intellectual curiosity and an addiction/strong commitment to continuous learning
- Is self-driven, actively looks for ways to contribute, and knows how to get things done
- Values data and truth over ego
- Has good communication and reasoning skills, including the ability to make a strong case for technology choices
- Respects and values others’ opinions even when they differ from their own
- AND has a great sense of humor. We like to see people enjoying what they do!
- 5+ years of hands-on work experience as data scientist with Machine learning focused skillset
- Business acumen and experience with creating solutions to address the business problem, planning, and execution
- Keen interest in understanding Payments business domains and their data
- End to end experience delivering a commercial scale ML based AI use case from data extraction and feature engineering to model training and deployment
- Experience in practical data processing working with large scale datasets, data mining/transformation, and information retrieval tasks
- Experience implementing end-to-end fraud detection solutions in Financial Services
- Prior experience with AWS Sagemaker and AI/ML stack highly preferred
- Experience with Machine Learning APIs and computational packages (g., – Scikit-Learn, SciPy, Pandas, Matplotlib, stats models)
Ideally, the candidate will have a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Economics, Applied Math or related analytical field with course work/certifications in Data science
This can be based out of our Glastonbury, CT headquarters or be a remote position.
Payrailz is an innovative company with great people and a reputation for being genuine. Built around three core values of respect, integrity, and transparency we provide a rewarding working environment where our people feel valued, respected, and part of something big. For thought-leading Financial Institutions looking to stand out from the competition, Payrailz provides the most innovative, engaging, and feature-rich digital payment experiences in the marketplace today.
Backed by superior service and based on a clear understanding of the business of banking and payments, Payrailz empowers FI’s to truly compete and provide end-users with a secure payment experience they will rely on and use over other competitor offerings.
Through innovation, agility, and a willingness to approach the business of payments with new thinking, we provide the ability to deliver a full range of “smart” payment solutions that improve the overall end-user payments experience while fully taking advantage of modern technologies (such as the cloud, AI, API, Open data exchange and workflow management) to delight both consumers and businesses.
Built for the cloud, Payrailz enables financial institutions to engage loyal customers as well as attract the next generation with simplified and smarter payment capabilities that improve operations and enhance the overall customer experience. By working with Payrailz, FIs can exceed ever-changing demands with the confidence to succeed today and tomorrow.
Payrailz’ atmosphere of innovative thinking, superior technology, and its dedication to its employees make Payrailz an ideal organization for a person looking to make a difference.
Please visit our contact page to find the information to submit your resume and cover letter.