Customer Support Specialist
We are looking for an experienced high-energy customer support specialist to strengthen our payment operations department. The right candidate for this position will support financial institutions related to payment processing. This candidate needs to be detailed oriented, hands-on, and comfortable interacting with clients and is committed to delivering a superior client experience.
The individual will have the opportunity to:
- Proactively leverage the Payrailz platform to enhance the end-user bill payment experience.
- Contribute in a “hands-on” manner to achieve operational excellence and exceed customer expectations.
- Make recommendations for systemic workflow improvements based on real-world situations requiring manual actions.
- Interact with billers, payment consolidators, and partners in support of payment operations.
- Work with a team of talented and committed professionals.
- Be a key team member and add direct value to our growing organization.
- Advance financially and professionally as results are delivered.
This position reports directly to the Director of Payment Operations at Payrailz.
A DAY IN THE LIFE:
A snapshot of this person’s daily life would include all the following responsibilities and activities:
- Contact billers and/or payment consolidators to resolve payment issues on behalf of end-users.
- Resolve TRRs (transaction research requests) in the queue.
- Research and Resolve financial institutions bug fixes
- Support financial institutions and resolve issues with biller payment posting issues.
- Provide payments support to client financial institution CSRs.
- Deal with all payment exceptions.
- Provide on-demand Proof of Payment
- Be the Subject Matter Expert (SME) for 3rd party services used to support payment operations.
IDEAL CANDIDATE CHARACTERISTICS:
We believe the person who will be successful in this important role will have the following attributes:
- Thrives in a start-up company culture.
- Has a strong work ethic and successful experience working with remote staff.
- Has a sense of intellectual curiosity and an addiction to learning.
- Is self-driven, actively looks for ways to contribute, and knows how to get things done.
- Understands and models customer-focus.
- Values data and truth over ego.
- Has good communication and reasoning skills, including the ability to gain consensus across functional areas and stakeholders.
- Respects and value others’ opinions even when they differ from their own.
- AND has a great sense of humor. We like to see people enjoying what they do!
Given Payrailz, exciting growth plans, experience in the financial services industry is critical to this position. In addition, the ideal candidate will have prior experience in the following areas:
- Minimum 5+ years of experience in Banking Operations, Payment Operations, and/or ACH
- ACH, Check, and Card processing
- Customer support and relations
- Possess strong data analytic and reporting skills with excellent critical thinking, problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
- Experience with the following: Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, & Powerpoint), Atlassian Suite (Jira, Confluence, Stride), SmartSheet, video conferencing tools, and chat
Ideally, the candidate should have a bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university, or equivalent experience representing 5+ years of payment operations in the financial technology industry.
The position will be located at the company’s headquarters in Glastonbury, CT.
Payrailz is an innovative company with great people and a reputation for being genuine. Built around three core values of respect, integrity, and transparency we provide a rewarding working environment where our people feel valued, respected, and part of something big. For thought-leading Financial Institutions looking to stand out from the competition, Payrailz provides the most innovative, engaging, and feature-rich digital payment experiences in the marketplace today.
Backed by superior service and based on a clear understanding of the business of banking and payments, Payrailz empowers FI’s to truly compete and provide end-users with a secure payment experience they will rely on and use over other competitor offerings.
Through innovation, agility, and a willingness to approach the business of payments with new thinking, we provide the ability to deliver a full range of “smart” payment solutions that improve the overall end-user payments experience while fully taking advantage of modern technologies (such as the cloud, AI, API, Open data exchange and work-flow management) to delight both consumers and businesses.
Built for the cloud, Payrailz enables financial institutions to engage loyal customers as well as attract the next generation with simplified and smarter payment capabilities that improve operations and enhance the overall customer experience. By working with Payrailz, FIs can exceed ever-changing demands with the confidence to succeed today and tomorrow.
Please visit our contact page to find the information to submit your resume and cover letter.