Cloud Network Engineer
We are looking for a motivated, detail-oriented and customer-focused individual to join our team of experienced engineers.
The candidate we are looking for will have the opportunity to:
- Work in a 100% public cloud environment.
- Collaborate with a diverse set of co-workers and managers to meet the needs of our customers and deliver the best customer experience we can.
- Enhance, maintain, and develop technologies using a large set of tools like Palo Alto VM-Series firewalls, AWS native network services and automation like Terraform, Jenkins and Ansible.
- Continuously improve our approaches, processes, and tools.
- Be creative and ingenious in all areas of work whether it be during planning, designing, configuring, testing, or troubleshooting.
This position reports directly to the Director of DevOps
A DAY IN THE LIFE:
This person’s daily life would include all the following responsibilities and activities:
- Monitor and Support production processing.
- Maintain and enhance and monitor AWS Network Infrastructure.
- Work with production support, development, and implementation teams to deliver on business requirements.
- Attend daily standup, internal hack-a-thons and planning meetings.
- React to monitoring alerts in a 24/7 on-call rotation.
- Plan deployments to various testing and production environments.
- Find solutions to repetitive problems using automation tools like Ansible, Jenkins etc.
- Document solutions and processes.
- Have a mindset to keep run costs low when designing new solutions.
- Assist security team with audit-related items.
The candidate should be skilled in the following areas.
- Strong background managing Cloud Network appliances including but not limited to Virtual Private Clouds, Site-to-Site VPN’s, Transit Gateways, AWS Site-to-Site-VPN, and 3rd party VPN appliances etc.
- Proficiency managing Palo Alto Firewalls, VM-Series HA setup etc.
- Terraform knowledge is desired.
- Responsible for solving network connectivity issues, adding/modifying NAT entries and firewall rules to enable connectivity.
- Provide network configuration support and document client requirements.
- Work with clients to ensure that data flow diagrams are accurately completed to provide exact network connectivity.
- Support DevOps team member to provide operations and migration services that allow customers to style the availability and delivery of cloud computing services following business and technical requirements.
- Utilize approved tools to verify and take required action on events aggregated from network monitoring tools and Web Application Firewall.
- Responsible for troubleshooting to ascertain root cause of issues.
- Perform network system updates, patches, and configuration changes
- Map network layouts and configure systems to user environments.
IDEAL CANDIDATE CHARACTERISTICS:
We believe the person who will be successful in this important role will have the following attributes:
- Is comfortable with a startup/small company culture as a strong work ethic and prior successful experience in a full-time remote working environment.
- Familiar with financial audit and compliance requirements, including but not limited to F.F.I.E.C., PCI, SOC2
- Is self-driven, actively looks for ways to contribute, and knows how to get things done.
- Has a strong sense of operational excellence and takes pride in their workmanship.
- Has good communication and reasoning skills, including the ability to make a strong case for technology choices
- Respects and values others’ opinions even when they differ from their own.
- AND has a great sense of humor. We like to see people enjoying what they do!
- At least 5 years of experience in Network Engineering.
- At least 3 years of hands-on experience working in public cloud platforms like AWS, Azure or GCP.
- Experience working with tools like Terraform, Jenkins, ELK, Ansible etc.
- Working knowledge of scripting languages like Python, Go or PowerShell.
- Knowledge in online banking applications and electronic bill presentment is a plus.
- Passion for automating everything.
Ideally, the candidate should have a bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university, or equivalent experience representing 5 years of network engineering ideally in the financial industry.
This position can be remote based.
Payrailz is an innovative company with great people and a reputation for being genuine. Built around three core values of respect, integrity, and transparency we provide a rewarding working environment where our people feel valued, respected, and part of something big. For thought-leading Financial Institutions looking to stand out from the competition, Payrailz provides the most innovative, engaging, and feature-rich digital payment experiences in the marketplace today.
Backed by superior service and based on a clear understanding of the business of banking and payments, Payrailz empowers FI’s to truly compete and provide end-users with a secure payment experience they will rely on and use over other competitor offerings.
Through innovation, agility, and a willingness to approach the business of payments with new thinking, we provide the ability to deliver a full range of “smart” payment solutions that improve the overall end-user payments experience while fully taking advantage of modern technologies (such as the cloud, AI, API, Open data exchange and workflow management) to delight both consumers and businesses.
Built for the cloud, Payrailz enables financial institutions to engage loyal customers as well as attract the next generation with simplified and smarter payment capabilities that improve operations and enhance the overall customer experience. By working with Payrailz, FIs can exceed ever-changing demands with the confidence to succeed today and tomorrow.
Payrailz’ atmosphere of innovative thinking, superior technology, and its dedication to its employees make Payrailz an ideal organization for a person looking to make a difference.
At Payrailz we are re-imaging the digital payments experience so when you join the Payrailz family you join a team of dedicated, innovative, and passionate people working together to change the norm.
Recognized as a Best Place to Work in FinTech, Payrailz is an organization with a great culture, where are employees are valued, and can really make a difference.
Please visit our contact page to find the information to submit your resume and cover letter.