Chief Financial Officer
We are looking for a motivated, high-energy CFO that will have primary day-to-day responsibility for planning, implementing, managing, and controlling all financial-related activities of the company. As a key member of the executive management team, the Chief Financial Officer will report to the CEO and assume a strategic role in the company’s overall management. This will include direct responsibility for accounting, finance, forecasting, strategic planning, deal analysis and negotiations, investor relationships, and private and institutional financing.
- Provides leadership for the continuous evaluation of short and long-term strategic financial objectives.
- Direct and oversee all aspects of the Finance & Accounting functions of the organization
- Work with a group of talented and committed professionals to achieve common goals.
- Be a key member of the executive team of a high-growth and highly successful organization.
- Advance financially and professionally as results are delivered.
This position reports directly to the CEO of Payrailz and will be located in the company’s corporate headquarters in Glastonbury, CT.
A DAY IN THE LIFE:
A snapshot of this person’s daily life would include all the following responsibilities and activities:
- Ensure credibility of Finance group by providing timely and accurate analysis of budgets, financial trends, and forecasts.
- Evaluates and advises on the impact of long-range planning, the introduction of new programs/ strategies, and regulatory action.
- Direct the overall financial plans and accounting practice. Manage the financial performance by developing forecasts and monitoring ongoing performance against plan. Have fiduciary responsibility for the financial health of the organization.
- Provide recommendations to strategically enhance financial performance and business opportunities.
- Ensure that effective internal controls are in place and ensure compliance with GAAP and applicable federal, state, and local regulatory laws and rules for financial and tax reporting.
- Manage the production of reporting tools (bridges, scorecards, etc.) and key performance metrics to provide management insight into revenue and operating expense trends, track project spending, headcount, and potential risks/opportunities to forecast or plan.
- Oversee the monthly variance analysis of actual operating, capital, and project spending vs. plan, forecast, and prior year, including responsibility for driving cost control.
- Demonstrate proven ability to develop models and conduct analyses that identify critical trends, support strategic decision-making, and create forward visibility.
- Ensure proper and timely financial and tax accounting in accordance with GAAP and IRS rules and oversee annual audits on time and with minimal or no adjustments
IDEAL CANDIDATE CHARACTERISTICS:
We believe the person who will be successful in this important role will have the following attributes:
- Thrives in a start-up company culture.
- Has a sense of intellectual curiosity and an addiction to learning.
- Is self-driven, actively looks for ways to contribute, and knows how to get things done.
- Understands and models customer focus.
- Values data and truth over ego.
- Has good communication and reasoning skills, including the ability to make a strong case for choices.
- Respects and values others’ opinions even when they differ from their own.
- AND has a great sense of humor. We like to see people enjoying what they do!
Given Payrailz’s exciting growth plans, financial technology industry knowledge is critical to this position. In addition, the ideal candidate must have:
- BS in Accounting or Finance, MBA and/or CPA highly desirable
- 10+ years in progressively responsible financial leadership roles in the banking or Fintech industry
- Experience working in a software as a service, cloud-based technology company.
- Possess strong analytical skills with excellent critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent facilitator, communicator, and collaborator across functional teams.
- Possess strong verbal and written communication skills with an ability to state things simply and persuasively for a variety of audiences – internal, external, business, and technical.
Ideally, the candidate should have a bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university in finance, accounting, or a similar field representing 10+ years of strong experience working in a financial leadership role within the banking or Fintech industry. A Master of Business Administration (MBA) is a plus as well as being certified as a Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) or Certified Public Accountant (CPA).
The position will be located at the company’s headquarters in Glastonbury, CT.
Payrailz is an innovative company with great people and a reputation for being genuine. Built around three core values of respect, integrity, and transparency we provide a rewarding working environment where our people feel valued, respected, and part of something big. For thought-leading Financial Institutions looking to stand out from the competition, Payrailz provides the most innovative, engaging, and feature-rich digital payment experiences in the marketplace today.
Backed by superior service and based on a clear understanding of the business of banking and payments, Payrailz empowers FI’s to truly compete and provide end-users with a secure payment experience they will rely on and use over other competitor offerings.
Through innovation, agility, and a willingness to approach the business of payments with new thinking, we provide the ability to deliver a full range of “smart” payment solutions that improve the overall end-user payments experience while fully taking advantage of modern technologies (such as the cloud, AI, API, Open data exchange and work-flow management) to delight both consumers and businesses.
Built for the cloud, Payrailz enables financial institutions to engage loyal customers as well as attract the next generation with simplified and smarter payment capabilities that improve operations and enhance the overall customer experience. By working with Payrailz, FIs can exceed ever-changing demands with the confidence to succeed today and tomorrow.
Please visit our contact page to find the information to submit your resume and cover letter.