VP, Product Management
We are looking for a motivated, high energy Product Manager to manage the overall Payrailz product set including product design, pricing, promotion and P&L. Reporting to the CEO of Payrailz, the right person will work with the head of product strategy and innovation on new features and add on services for the existing products set as well as identify and develop new products or use case opportunities. The incumbent will be the “product expert” and be responsible for all things that relate to the products and act as a resource both internally and externally on questions related to the product set. The individual we are looking for will have the opportunity to:
• Develop and execute the product roadmap plan for the company based on the strategic direction.
• Demonstrate Payrailz payment solutions to industry channel and complementary partners and direct FI clients.
• Work with a team of talented and committed professionals.
• Be a key team member and add direct value to a growing organization.
• Advance financially and professionally as results are delivered.
A DAY IN THE LIFE:
A snapshot of this person’s daily life would include all the following responsibilities and activities:
• The Product Manager will work with Project Managers and the IT team in the development of new features and products to ensure the project requirements will meet the objectives established in the business case.
• Acts as the subject matter expert for the product and be a resource for the sales and client support teams.
• The product manager will be responsible for signing off on projects and the effective roll out of the new capabilities internally and externally.
• The Incumbent will be responsible for generating and maintaining Product Data Sheets for each product that clearly spell out the what the product is, the key benefits, features, pricing and other key information regarding the product.
• Responsibility for establishing the standard pricing structure for each product along with any appropriate discounts that could apply such as bundling of products.
• Uses epics, features, product vision, and market needs to create user stories and requirements into clear and workable product requirements.
• Defines and applies acceptance criteria for features and user stories.
• Supports development team in prioritizing, planning, estimating, and allocating resources appropriately along with the Project Management Office.
• Prioritizes backlog to support product roadmap and according to business value.
• Works with the development team and subject matter experts to clarify user stories.
• Works with the development team and internal users or client facing teams to track issues or troubleshoot and resolve problems.
• Leads the product roadmap initiatives through the agile development cycle, including design, development, testing, documentation, release, and training working with the Project Management Office, Client Services, Operations and Marketing
IDEAL CANDIDATE CHARACTERISTICS:
We believe the person who will be successful in this important role will have the following attributes:
• Thrives in a start-up company culture.
• Has a sense of intellectual curiosity and an addiction to learning.
• Is self-driven, actively looks for ways to contribute, and knows how to get things done.
• Understands and models customer-focus.
• Values data and truth over ego.
• Has good communication and reasoning skills, including the ability to make a strong case for product choices.
• Respects and values others’ opinions even when they differ from their own.
• AND has a great sense of humor. We like to see people enjoying what they do!
Given Payrailz’s exciting growth plans, financial technology industry knowledge is critical to this position. In addition, the ideal candidate must have:
• 10+ years proven effective experience in the banking industry with experience in product management or development
• Prior payments experience with detailed understanding of one or more of the following: P2P, C2B, B2B and B2C payment use cases, card networks, RTP and ACH.
• Working knowledge of an API-centric architecture.
• Demonstrated experience in taking an idea and making it a reality through identifying required workflows and tasks.
• Possess strong verbal and written communication skills with an ability to state things simply and persuasively for a variety of audiences – internal, external, business, and technical.
• Possess strong analytical skills with excellent critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
• Excellent facilitator, communicator, and collaborator across functional teams.
• Experience working in a rapid prototyping environment.
• Technical fluency; understanding and able to discuss architectural concepts, prioritization tradeoffs, and new opportunities with technical team members.
• Ability to advocate at multiple levels including agile team members, stakeholders, and management.
• Experience with the following: Atlassian Suite (Jira, Confluence), Restlet API, LucidChart, SmartSheet, Slack chat technologies, Zoom collaboration tools.
Ideally, the candidate should have a bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university, a master’s degree or equivalent experience representing 5+ years of product management and development in the financial technology industry.
The candidate will be located out of the company’s headquarters in Glastonbury, CT