SENIOR INTEGRATION SPECIALIST
We are looking for a self-motivated Senior Integration Specialist to support several functions that are critical in providing clients with the best experience during implementation integrations. The right candidate for this position pays close attention to detail, thrives when supporting developers and other technical teams, and is committed to delivering a superior client experience. The qualified individual will have the opportunity to:
- Work closely with all client technical teams especially developers to understand technical design and assist with technical feasibility analysis
- Serve as a main point of contact during the client setup and integration efforts for our clients/partners
- Establish and maintain a trusting relationship with clients/partners and their teams based on integrity and transparency
- Analyze discussions/documentation with clients/partners to gather requirements; working mostly with technical teams/developers
- Continually improve processes based on prior experience and lessons learned
- Become a Payrailz platform subject matter expert, help with configurations, data conversions, API integrations and application enhancements
- Translate requirements into existing system configuration, API requests or identify enhancements if needed
- Provide hands-on troubleshooting support during implementation and post implementation
A DAY IN THE LIFE:
A snapshot of this person’s daily life would include all the following responsibilities and activities:
- Works with the Implementation project manager to set up, configure, and integrate different client environments
- Will enhance processes for scalability and repeatability through streamlined procedures/communications and automation where possible
- Works very closely with the IT team to share information and assist with client developer support
- Integrates the complete solution and ensures end to end testing capability and ends with final certification of the solution
- Create/document integration best practices, certification test plans, etc.
- Collects, researches, and/or triages issues and/or questions collected from client teams to resolution
- Maintains knowledge of core API platform, complete payment processing solution, and development technologies to support client solutions
- Clearly and effectively communicates with Payrailz clients to keep the integration effort moving forward
- Make sure internal Payrailz teams are providing the appropriate response to any inquiries and communicating those responses back to the clients
- Identify and communicate integration improvements that can improve the client experience, reduce timelines or enhance the existing platform
- Support other departments as needed such as Client Experience, Information Technology, Operations, Product, and Sales.
IDEAL CANDIDATE CHARACTERISTICS:
We believe the person who will be successful in this important role will have the following attributes:
- Is self-driven, actively looks for ways to contribute, and knows how to get things done
- Has a strong work ethic and prior successful experience working with a remote team
- Strong organizational and planning skills with the ability to be able to provide support at the detail level
- Possess strong analytical skills with excellent, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to analyze, assess, design, and adjust process flows for implementation phases
- Ability to accurately and fairly balance communications and expectations internally and to clients
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with an ability to state things simply and persuasively for a variety of audiences – internal, clients, business and technical
- Technical fluency; understanding and able to discuss architectural concepts, prioritizations tradeoffs, and new opportunities with clients & technical team members
- Thrives in a fast-paced start-up company culture.
Given Payrailz’s exciting growth plans, financial technology industry knowledge is critical to this position. In addition, the ideal candidate must have:
- 5+ years of integration experience with excellent troubleshooting skills and a strong technical background
- Prior payments experience with a detailed understanding of one or more of the following: banking bill pay, business bill pay, P2P payments, credit/debit card payments, ACH, and/or RPPS.
- Strong knowledge of SQL and very complex data models
- Possess strong verbal and written communication skills with an ability to state things simply and persuasively for a variety of audiences – internal, external, business, and technical.
- Possess strong analytical skills with excellent critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent facilitator, communicator, and collaborator across other technical and non-technical teams.
- Experience working in a rapid prototyping environment.
- Proficiency with Atlassian Suite and Smartsheets desired
Ideally, the candidate should have a bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university or equivalent experience in computer science or software engineering.
This position is a full-time remote opportunity with a preferred location of Northern Virginia for periodic team meetings. Regular video conferencing will be required.